This scholarship was created in memory of the late Kathy Stewart who not only served as the co-president of this Chapter for many years, but hosted Chapter meetings at her family's home; and to honor Jeff for his continued support and involvement with the Chapter. This travel scholarship helps to ensure members of the Chapter have the opportunity to attend NHF's Bleeding Disorders Conference. The Conference is an incredible experience to join over 3,000 patients, caregivers, siblings, chapter staff, and medical professionals for bleeding disorders. It is three full days of education sessions, fun activities, and networking opportunities.
The 2018 Conference is NHF's 70th. It will be held in Orlando, FL, Oct 11-13. This year’s lineup includes:
• A three-hour preconference on von Willebrand disease
• A full track for rare factor deficiencies
• Updates on latest in new treatments and therapies
• A three-day Teen Track
• Proven fundraising and management techniques for chapter staff
• A robust track for women with bleeding disorders
• Frank discussions of pain management
• A Final Night Event that’s full of fun, family-friendly activities, good food and music that gets you moving
Those who receive the scholarship will be provided funds to assist in covering travel expenses to and at the Conference. This award can be applied to registration fees, hotel accommodations, and air/ ground transportation. The amount of the award is up to and will not exceed $1750.
This scholarship is open to COC members who live in our territory and/or are serviced by our HTCs. This scholarship can be awarded to individuals or families. If you are applying as a family, please include how this experience will impact your entire family in your answers. To be considered for the award, please complete the attached application by August 13th.